Friday, June 18, 2010

A day off from blogging and some randomness...

Hello Everyone!

After adding to my blog everyday so far, I took a day off to reflect on what would be my next blog...and randomness is what you get! But, if anything...it will be a great read! :o)

First off, I changed my blog background...it's pretty in pink! My favorite color! :o) I'm still learning the ropes on how to make my blog look cool. I've come across some pretty awesome blogs so far and I'm loving all the inspiration I'm getting!

Here's a little personal update: I am going to have to hold off on buying the new running shoes. I had a personal thing come up and money had to go toward something else. :o( I guess that's the life of a broke person trying to make things happen...something always finds a way to road block. But that's okay! After doing some pouting...I've just decided I should be a little more creative with my work out routine until I can buy new shoes. My only worry is...what if I don't make my goal? After all, it's already less than 6 weeks now! It's more like 5 weeks now...EEEK!! Time is approaching fast! I'm a little worried, but I'm not giving up hope yet!

ANYWAY...here is the starting routine I am going to do so far:

Sitting Squats, until the count of 40.
If you know about these...they are REALLY hard! But they are amazing! They work your butt and your thighs. You should also feel it in your calves, as well.

Bicycle sit-ups, 30.
These are also amazing! They not only work your middle, but they work your obliques, a.k.a muffin top sides!

Side kicks, 20 on each leg.
I learned about these in Pilates and I really love them. They work your inner thighs. Plus, I love to see how high I can side kick! :o)

Okay...I know what you're thinking...Lisa, these are all great...but where's your cardio? The truth is...I'm not sure yet. Running has really been my main source for cardio and I'm not sure, besides walking, what I can do with worn out shoes! I think my main focus is to still stay on track of my original goal, which is to tone up as well. The exercises above will help me at least tone up. It's something I should probably be doing every day or almost every day.

On to my next and not so great thing... I went to the doctor yesterday and I had a wake up call! I stood on the scale that everyone dreads in the doctor's office and wasn't happy with the numbers I saw. It said I weigh 166.8 lbs!!! I told myself a long time ago that I never wanted to be 160 lbs again and now I'm OVER 160 lbs!!! I'm so saddened by this...I have a TON of enthusiasm to start losing weight, I just feel like I'm at a loss on where to go from here... It's hard to do anything when it costs money and money is my main issue.

On to a lighter topic! I thought that in the light of things, since I am talking about improving the outer beauty, this blog doesn't have to be just about exercise and eating healthy. It can also be about taking care of yourself. As far as, skin care, hair care, ect.
I have enjoyed some all natural skin and hair care products for quite some time now and I would like to share them with you now.

Before I list them, I want you to know that I am a BIG person on how things smell and work. If I don't like how it smells and if it doesn't work, I won't use it! So, you can rest assure that I am telling you about products I have already used or are using and TOTALLY love! :o)

Body Wash:

Pure & Natural.
Currently using: Renewing Grapefruit and Pomegranate.
This body wash is SO great! I LOVE it SO much!! I would buy this over any other body wash, any day! You can find it at most grocery stores and also Target.
There are plenty of great things about this body wash...here are a few:
1. The scents are AMAZING!
2. It's Hypo-Allergenic, which is great for people like me, who have sensitive skin.
3. It's made from all natural things, 98% to be exact! Even the bottle itself is made from 100% recycled materials! And let's face it, you can't really find that in a whole lot of other products!
4. They do not test their product on animals.
5. It's not hella expensive! Thank goodness!!
6. It's produced in Scottsdale, Arizona...which is kinda my home town's back yard...I lived a little more South though....Holla all you Tucson peeps! haha!!

I've used almost every scent they make...except for one: Rosemary & Mint. I haven't been able to find it any where so far, but hopefully I will!
Website: http://www.pure-natural.com/index.html

Body Lotion:

Tree Hut.
Currently using: Tahitian Grass and Hawaiian Kukui (I switch off to suit my mood).
I, of course, LOVE this product too!! I LOVE their scents and I LOVE how it keeps my skin soft for the ENTIRE day! It doesn't wear off like most lotions. Their lotion is SUPER creamy and thick!
Here are a few great things about this product:
1. Amazing scents! I've also used their Coconut Lime. :o)
2. They use certified organic Shea Butter in all of their lotions, so it conditions your skin.
3. They do not test on animals.
4. Like mentioned above, the lotion doesn't wear off like most lotions.
5. It's made right here in Texas!! Yehaw!!
6. Again, this product is not expensive.

One bad thing is, I can only seem to find this product at Wal-Mart...but I just found out through their website that they also offer it at Ulta...which is cool, because I own an Ulta card! :o)
Website: http://www.treehutshea.com/

Shampoo & Conditioner:

Organix.
Currently using: Nourishing Coconut Milk and also, Hydrating Teatree Mint.
I read about this product in a magazine and I thought I would try it. My hair is curly/wavy and it can get SUPER dry and frizzy...ugh! But so far this product has been able to work for me...thank goodness!! Sometimes, some shampoos and conditioners can really weight my hair down...but not this one! It also doesn't leave my hair greasy.
Some great things:
1. Again, it's about the scents!
2. You can mix and match with their shampoos and conditioners...which is awesome! Because I like to keep it fresh with my hair. My hair responds better to the switching off routine.
3. Their product is Sulfate and Paraben free. These are harsh chemicals that other products use to strip your hair of it's natural oils. I think they also use them as fillers...but don't quote me on that.
4. Not expensive.
5. Not tested on animals.
6. It's a natural product.
7. The product is dispensed in eco-friendly bottles...even the bottle's labels are eco-friendly!
8. You can find this product at any major shopping store, grocery store, drug store or beauty store...it's everywhere!

One thing, I am not super crazy about all their scents and it isn't very good at eliminating build-up...but I still absolutely love their products for the other things it does to my hair.
Website: http://www.beautypureandsimple.com/

Face Cleanser, chapstick & other random items:

Bert's Bees.
Currently using: Their Chapstick and Natural Acne Solutions facial cleanser.
I always knew about the hype surrounding this product, but I never tried it until recently. I am loving it so far! Their product line also has lotions, shampoos, conditioners, ect.
1. Of course, all their products smell great!
2. It's a natural product; 99.4%
3. They do not test on animals.
4. They do not add any harsh chemicals such as, sulfates, parabens and others.
5. You can find this product at any major grocery or drugstore. Also at Target and Wal-Mart.

One not so great thing...it is a little pricey, but the product is great, so I don't mind spending a little extra money...I can do that, since I save on all the other products!
Website: http://www.burtsbees.com/?WT.srch=1

Well, there you go! I hope you can try these natural products and enjoy them as much as I do!

THANK YOU FOR READING!! :o)



2 comments:

  1. Oh! I love new products, especially ones that smell good. I'm going to try some of these. I also sent you an email. Check your inbox :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Catherine! I got it! :o) These are really awesome products, I think you will love them! I know you were talking about my awesome curls before...haha!! I have been using organix now for a little bit and seems to help. I still have to use a little product...I like what I am using, but I would like to switch to a natural hair product...when I find one that works well...I'll let you know! :o)

    ReplyDelete