Monday, June 14, 2010

When the stress is on, the potato chips are gone!

Off the top of my head, here are some bad eating habits I have, some good ones and ones I still struggle with.

Good Eating Habits:
1. I try to drink the equivalent of at least 6-8 glasses of water a day. Hydration is REALLY important to me. I've been dehydrated WAY too many times, so I make it a top priority. If I know I am going to be out and about for a while, I make sure I always have a big bottle of water.
2. I hardly ever drink soda or sweet tea, but when I do, I drink small quantities. If I am out to dinner and I don't want water, I drink unsweetened tea.
3. I hardly ever crave or eat sweets, when I am craving something sweet, I try to opt for a piece of fruit, instead of a candy bar.
4. I'm not a big salt person either, but I'd rather salty than sweet.
5. I'm not a big fried food eater.

Bad Eating Habits:
1. When I'm stressed, I crave potato chips or fries and I usually give in.
2. Portion control. Sometimes, if I think something is REALLY yummy, it's hard for me to walk away after the first serving...or, my first serving could count for two servings.
3. I admit, I get lazy and I don't want to cook...so I opt for eating out.

Still struggling with...
1. Eating less starches and food that are naturally high in sugar.
2. Waiting too long, before I eat another meal or snack, which in turn causes my blood sugar to drop really low.
3. Learning how to portion.
4. Even though I've cut out most of the fast food places I used to eat, I still struggle with a couple...I just can't shake them! Sometimes I crave a good burger and sometimes I crave yummy tacos.

Hopefully my good habits, will help you with good eating habits too! Putting my struggles and bad habits out there will help me stay accountable and help me focus on what I need to work on.
Below is a link that will help you to start thinking about eating healthier:
http://women.webmd.com/features/six-super-foods-every-woman-needs?page=3


THANK YOU FOR READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment